Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Gifts

Merry Christmas!

Gifts/or somethings worth revisiting, current goal is to find new things next year, but some of these are due to repeat:

Books:
One China, Many Paths
To The Storm: The Odyssey of a Revolutionary Chinese Woman (makes me feel like a child when I compare myself to the people in this book: intelligence, willpower, experience)
The Hedge Knight
A Game of Thrones (He dreamt an old dream, of three knights in white cloaks, and a tower long fallen, and Lyanna in her bed of blood)
Selected Poetry of Rabindranath Tagore

Blogs:
Danwei

Magazines:
The London Review of Books (seems like my education [the parts worth mentioning] consists mostly of this magazine)

Movies:
Bourne
Election, Triad Election
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Smiley's People

Language Police:
"Mikhail Mikhailovich, I challenge you to a duel!"