Friday, July 20, 2007

Austin

Back in Austin this weekend. It was suppose to take 3 hours, I drove here in 2. The weather here is unusual in what seems in Houston as completely normal, endless rain.

Don't miss school anymore. At least, with no reason to. Internship is going very well, and I want to start working full time, learn for a few years and go work overseas - in London, Amsterdam, or Dubai. There is no one here at the moment for whom I would stay for. All I need to do is to take a deep breath and finish.

And what was the last 4 years but holding a long breath. People, their insecurities and fears have moved on while I stood still. Now it seems the path before me stretches into the horizon without a single person in sight. What remains feels... like exhilaration.

Time to start running... going to grab this opportunity and run as fast and as far as I can, until nothing around is recognizable, until the faces of people are no more than mists in memory.