Sunday, August 23, 2015

A hairpin: love, lost, Shadowrun Hong Kong





















"I keep this to remind myself of the things we have to give up, in pursuit of what we think is best. But few of us ever really know what it is that we want - not truly.

We simply grasp at mirages that we think will fulfill us.

Humans tie themselves to other people with the most tenuous of strings, thinking love will fill the emptiness inside us. When that fails, we tell ourselves it was not meant to be - that fate, or destiny, would have wrenched us apart.

But that is a convenient lie. It is up to us, and only up to us, to make our futures.

So I feel that it would behoove me to never forget the things I have given up in pursuit of 'the better option.' I do not dwell in the past, nor am I haunted by it, but it would be doing S. a disservice to forget what she wanted for me."