Tuesday, January 13, 2015

January 13, 2015

Can't recall exactly the last time that I was so sick that I couldn't get out of bed. It must have been back in China when I was a kid. I got so ill in the middle of the night that my grand parents had to carry me to the hospital. I woke up the next day with an IV drip. Few days later my teacher and the whole class visited. Memories, miss them. Sickness, not so much. Unfortunately getting sick as a kid is how I often found myself.

After coming to the U.S., I hardly get sick at all. I still remember the shock the first time I got a mild cold in the U.S. It was a few years after I settled in. I thought to myself at the time that with the built up immune system from my childhood, minor sickness should be impossible in this cleaner environment. Still, the count slowly went up over the years. I manage to keep track with my hands of all those times that I got sick since I came here, but I may soon have to start using my toes.